Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instructional Design & Training
A training class I designed and facilitated.
Is your training getting results? Effective training design progressively layers information and incorporates all adult learning styles to maximize retention and impact. The best programs are also highly engaging and leave your employees rejuvenated and excited. Is your training getting talked about in the office?
My training programs have generated proven results, excited employees, and exceptional ROI. My specialties are onboarding programs and IT systems training (ILT, e-learning, blended).
Contact me for help with any of the following:
Needs analysis • audience analysis • training plans • e-learning courses • classroom courses • blended learning • assessments • facilitation of classes/training delivery • IT systems training • simulations • HR courses • soft skills training • leadership training • process training • compliance training • facilitator guides • PowerPoint presentations (including animated and voiced) • course evaluations • project/program management • mentoring and coaching • training trainers • managing teams of trainers and employees
I have completed some graduate level coursework in instructional design through the University of Wisconsin-Stout. To date, I have formally trained or personally coached approximately 35 employees on how to facilitate and/or design effective training classes.
Samples (descriptions follow):
Click on each picture for a clearer view.
About these samples:
- Lectora e-learning: The Welcome page from a process/software training e-learning course created in Lectora. I designed the template and all content/layout.
- ILT soft skills: A slide from a two hour ILT classroom course on facilitation skills. Please contact me if you would like to see the full deck, facilitator guide, and participant handouts.
- Captivate e-learning: The Welcome page from one of a series of computer software e-learning courses created in Captivate. I designed the template and all the content/layout. I also wrote the script and recorded/edited the voice over work (a sample e-learning script is available on my Portfolio page).
- ILT computer software: A snapshot of an ILT facilitator guide for an exercise-based introductory Powerpoint class. White sections are facilitator actions; gray sections are participant actions. Please contact me if you would like to see the full course materials and facilitator guide.
- Storyboarding: One page snapshot from an ILT soft skills class.
- Storyboarding: One page snapshot from an e-learning course.
For more information about any of my training services, please send me an email. Most samples are proprietary and confidential.
Download a set of course evaluations for a class designed and facilitated by me:
"After using Elizabeth's new hire and on the job training program, employees are understanding the material and asking the right questions. One employee is even outperforming our veterans! We are not getting any negative interaction from other groups due to mistakes. The training program is so straightforward that anyone could pick it up and teach the course."
Participant Feedback From Training
- "Elizabeth did a great job. She's very knowledgeable and very comfortable speaking in front of others, and good about engaging her audience."
- "I enjoyed the group discussions and working in pairs. It's more engaging and keeps everyone awake."
- "Very personable and confident!"
- "Great job Elizabeth! This was a very well designed class."
- "I liked being able to apply the training to my own example. It helped me utilize the structure in a way that made sense to me."
- "Great job! Very positive and personable!"
- "Great content and flow. Very interactive. Good class participation. Good examples."
- "I always enjoy Elizabeth's classes."